is an amorphous colloidal solution based on water or alcohol that has two intrinsic properties. It makes the material to which applied photocatalytic and hyperhydrophilic. Photocatalysis is activated with exposure to daylight, odors, gases and bacteria are eliminated. The dirt, the smog, the organic particulates decompose, they no longer adhere to the surfaces, with water or rain the hyperhydrophic properties of Titanium make everything that had previously deposited on the material slide.
Applied on a building substrate, for example a facade of a building, titanium dioxide clings to the structure of the tiles, the plaster of the cement etc. indelibly and can last up to 10 years. Tests conducted in the laboratory through the artificial aging of the materials subjected to analysis confirm this data.
PhotoACTIVE through the photochemistry of the product has a very effective antimicrobial and antiviral action, since instead of other antibacterial agents it does not kill bacteria, viruses or molds, but through oxidation-reduction reactions it decomposes them into gaseous substances. The decomposition of the bacteria takes place by means of highly reactive hydroxyl radicals (OH •) and superoxide anions (O2-) generated by the photocatalytic process which attack the lipid membrane of the bacteria decomposing it and preventing the aerobic respiration of the bacteria.Microorganisms die or are denatured and gradually decomposed obtaining in carbon dioxide, salts and water vapors. The destruction of mold, bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms allows the elimination of bad odors associated with their presence and allows to maintain the substrate on which the amorphous colloidal titanium dioxide is applied in high hygiene conditions. It lasts at least 6 months and also works in the dark. Product certified by ISO-EN-UNI standards.